These sweet and spicy candied walnuts are an irresistible appetizer or snack. You can’t eat just one!
These candied walnuts are like popcorn… you can’t stop eating them. I know because I ate these like popcorn last night watching Netflix with my dog Baby asleep in my lap. Yes, she’s a whopping 72 pounds but thinks she can fit in your lap like a chihuahua.
White granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and pepper make these so sweet, spicy and savory. You WILL be going back for seconds (or thirds!).
These candied spicy walnuts are a perfect appetizer or snack. Making them is as simple as coating them in beaten egg whites, dipping in a sugary spice mixture and baking them on parchment paper. Enjoy!Print
These easy sweet and spicy candied walnuts are a totally irresistible appetizer or snack!
- 1 large egg white
- 1 (16 ounce) package walnut halves and pieces
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugars, cinnamon, nutmeg salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Using a mixer, beat the egg white on medium-high speed until soft peaks form.
- Add the walnuts and stir gently to coat walnuts.
- Transfer walnuts to bowl with sugar and spices. Toss gently to evenly coat walnuts.
- Transfer walnuts to lined baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: sweet and spicy candied walnuts
Originally published on April 17, 2013. Updated with new photographs and text February 2, 2017.