These easy sweet and spicy candied walnuts are a totally irresistible appetizer or snack!
- 1 large egg white
- 1 (16 ounce) package walnut halves and pieces
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugars, cinnamon, nutmeg salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Using a mixer, beat the egg white on medium-high speed until soft peaks form.
- Add the walnuts and stir gently to coat walnuts.
- Transfer walnuts to bowl with sugar and spices. Toss gently to evenly coat walnuts.
- Transfer walnuts to lined baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: sweet and spicy candied walnuts