- 2/3 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 3 pounds chicken thighs and/or legs
- Fresh chopped cilantro and lime wedges for garnish, optional
- In a medium bowl, whisk together lime juice, honey, soy, garlic powder, onion powder, crushed red pepper, salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- Rinse and trim any excess skin and/or fat from chicken. Place in a large resealable plastic bag. Pour marinade in bag and turn to coat chicken. Marinate for at least 30 minutes to overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Clean and grease grill grates. If using a charcoal grill place coals on one side of grill. Once coals are ready, sear chicken over coals then move to indirect medium heat. Grill approximately 20 minutes on each side, or until an internal temperature of 165 degrees is reached with a food thermometer.
- Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro and lime wedges, if desired.
The USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service recommends cooking chicken to a safe minimum internal temperature of 165°F as measured with a food thermometer.
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: honey lime grilled chicken