This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
Today I’m sharing a quick and easy holiday breakfast: Eggnog French Toast.
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
This was one of the very first recipes I posted 6 years ago when I first started the blog. I thought it was appropriate to bring it back with new photos to give it justice… it’s so easy to prepare and amazingly delicious!
I’m not a huge breakfast eater but have always enjoyed breakfast on Christmas morning… this french toast is a long-time favorite because I always have eggnog in my fridge during the holidays.
And here’s the original photo from 6 years ago. Mercy. 😮
Serve topped with powdered sugar, fruit and with your favorite syrup. Enjoy! 🙂
Originally published December 24, 2011 and updated December 21, 2017.Print
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup eggnog
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 slices French bread
- Your favorite syrup
- Optional: Powdered sugar for topping and fresh fruit
- Preheat an electric griddle to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, eggnog, nutmeg and cinnamon until combined.
- Dip bread slices into egg mixture, coating thoroughly.
- Cook on griddle (that has been greased) on both sides until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar (if desired) and syrup.