For the cinnamon rolls:
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1–1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 (13.8-ounce) tube refrigerated pizza dough (I used Pillsbury)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cups chopped pecans
For the glaze:
- 1–1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons milk (more or less depending upon desired consistency)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Grease an oven-safe skillet or round cake pan.
- Stir together the brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl until combined. Set aside.
- Unroll the pizza dough and brush evenly with melted butter. Sprinkle evenly with sugar/cinnamon mixture, then sprinkle evenly with pecans.
- Roll the dough back into a log (using long side) and pinch seam to secure. Cut into 8 slices using a sharp knife.
- Arrange cinnamon rolls in prepared skillet or cake pan about 1-inch apart.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown (mine took 22 minutes).
- Prepare the icing while rolls are baking by stirring together powdered sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth.
- Drizzle glaze over rolls.