This hearty Crock Pot Beefy Black Bean Chili is a definite must-make for game day or an easy weeknight dinner!
I love chili and the possibilities are pretty much endless when it comes to chili recipes. What I love even better is throwing everything in my slow cooker and letting it do the work while I do mine!
Load this chili up with your favorite toppings for the ultimate hearty and beefy chili! I’ll probably make a pot of this chili for my upcoming annual fish stew party for those that may not like fish stew (is that humanly possible?).
I look forward to this party every year and have like 40 people coming to my tiny 800 square foot house in a few weeks! I cook the stew in a huge pot outside and luckily have a decent sized yard to accommodate. My dog Baby enjoys all of the company, too!
Soup season is in full effect so put this chili on your must-make list, and don’t forget the cornbread!Print
Let your slow cooker do the work in this easy and delicious chili!
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped (about 3 cups)
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 1/2 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Cook ground beef, onion, green pepper and garlic in a large skillet over medium heat until meat is browned and no longer pink. Drain off fat in a colander.
- Place drained meat mixture in your slow cooker. Add the remaining ingredients and stir well to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Category: Slow Cooker
- Method: Slow Cook
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: crock pot beefy black bean chili
Adapted from Better Homes & Gardens