This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
All the flavors of the holidays are in this easy recipe for Chocolate Peppermint Monkey Bread using Pillsbury Grands Cinnamon Rolls and just three other simple ingredients!
This recipe is sponsored by Pillsbury®. All opinions shared are my own.
I am really excited about this recipe. I mean really excited. I’ve been wanting to come up with a holiday monkey bread, and peppermint had to be included in this recipe. It took me two tries to get it just like I wanted it: sweet, soft and filled with ooey gooey chocolate and peppermint. The first try wasn’t bad at all but didn’t have as much mint flavor as I wanted.
When it came out of the oven on the second try, I knew just by looking at it that this monkey bread was exactly how I wanted it. You see those swirls of chocolate and peppermint throughout?! 🙂 The secret was using creamy mint candies covered in chocolate inside the balls that I made using Pillsbury Grands Cinnamon Rolls.
And THIS was how it looked when I turned it onto the plate… MERCY! All I had to do after that was drizzle the cream cheese icing that came with the cinnamon rolls on top, then top with crushed peppermint. All of THIS comes together with just 4 ingredients!
All you need to do is unroll the cinnamon rolls, cut the strip in half and place 3 of the chocolate covered creamy mints in the strip. Then roll it into a ball, place the balls in a bundt pan sprayed with cooking spray and top with butter cut into cubes.
I took the monkey bread to one of my best friend’s annual “Trimming the Tree” get-together he has every year and of course everyone loved it and had never had anything like it. Score one for me! 🙂
Do you have favorite holiday traditions? Merry Christmas and happy baking!Print
All the flavors of the holidays are in this easy monkey bread using Pillsbury Grands Cinnamon Rolls and just 3 other ingredients!
- 3 (17.5-ounce) cans Pillsbury Grands Cinnamon Rolls with cream cheese icing
- 90 small chocolate-covered creamy mints
- 1/3 cup butter, cut into small cubes or pieces
- 2 candy canes, crushed
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 15-cup bundt or tube pan with cooking spray.
- Separate cinnamon rolls and set aside cream cheese icing.
- Unroll each cinnamon roll and cut the strips in half. Place 3 of the chocolate mint candies onto strips and roll into a ball, covering candies.
- Place dough balls into the pan and top evenly with butter cubes. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until top is golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes, then invert onto serving plate.
- Drizzle with cream cheese icing and sprinkle with crushed peppermint. Serve warm.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cinnamon roll monkey bread
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Pillsbury. The opinions and text are all mine.