So I opened my pantry the other day and saw a box of shortbread Girl Scout cookies sitting next to a bag of Twix candy bars and thought, hmmm… who doesn’t love Girl Scout shortbread cookies, and who doesn’t love Twix candy bars? A chocolate caramel shortbread cookie baked IN a shortbread cookie!
I must tell you my mistake the first time I tried to make them; I mixed the Twix in the batter. Although they were still delish, the caramel stuck to the bottom of the pan. So I tried, tried again and placed the Twix on TOP of the cookies before I baked them.
Oh, and you need to freeze the Twix candy bars for about an hour minimum before you cut them. I used the “fun size”.
To make the shortbread batter, mix butter and sugar; then add some vanilla, salt and flour.
Then you’ll roll the batter into balls (about a tablespoon full each) and place on a baking sheet. Using the back of a wet spoon dipped in water, flatten each cookie ball.
Then, slice your twix with a sharp knife into little chunks. Even though they’re frozen, they’re not hard to cut.
Then you’ll dab the twix pieces into each cookie:
Place the cookies in a 350 degree preheated oven for about 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 “fun size” Twix candy bars, frozen and sliced into small chunks
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using an electric mixer, mix butter and sugar for approximately 1 minute on medium speed, or until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and salt.
- Reduce mixer speed to low; slowly add flour until just mixed; don’t over-beat.
- Roll dough into balls, about a tablespoon each and place on baking sheet sprayed lightly with cooking spray.
- Using the back of a spoon dipped in water, press on each cookie to flatten.
- Place frozen Twix cookie pieces into tops of cookies.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Twix cookies