This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
A sweet dessert is long overdue… today I’m sharing this incredibly simple and delicious recipe for Easy Chocolate Chip Toffee Bars.
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe!
No one will EVER know the base of this recipe is a packaged chocolate chip cookie mix! So quick and easy, the most difficult part is breaking up the chocolate toffee bars to sprinkle on top.
I was invited to a birthday gathering and didn’t want to show up empty-handed. These are always a hit! How can you go wrong with chewy chocolate chip bars with crunchy bits of toffee?!
The batter is extremely thick… a helpful hint with spreading it in the pan is to use the back of a spatula that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Easy peasy!
I used additional chocolate chips to sprinkle on top of the batter (because I had them!) but that is totally up to you. The chocolate toffee bits are a MUST, though.
- 1 (17.5-ounce) package chocolate chip cookie mix (dry mix)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 (1.4-ounce) chocolate toffee bars, roughly chopped or crushed
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 13 x 9 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place cookie mix, butter, egg and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Using a paddle attachment, beat on medium speed until smooth.
- Spread mixture evenly into baking dish. Mixture will be very thick – use the back of a spatula sprayed with cooking spray to spread.
- Sprinkle evenly with chocolate toffee bits and chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool for 15 minutes before slicing.
Adapted from Beaufort Elementary School’s Savory Eats & Seadog Treats Cookbook