This Cherry Cheese Ball is a quick and easy dessert appetizer that’s so delicious, everyone will be going back for seconds!
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
You’ll only need a handful of simple ingredients to prepare this cheese ball. Dessert for a gathering doesn’t get much easier than this and it’s guaranteed to be a hit!
This is always a welcomed treat for Valentine’s Day, baby showers, game day gatherings or during the holidays… just about any occasion you can think of.
What can I serve with this cherry cheese ball?
I love it with graham crackers, apple slices, pretzels and/or vanilla wafers. YUM!
Cherry Cheese Ball
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- ⅔ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (10-ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained well and roughly chopped
- ¾ cup toasted chopped pecans
- Serve with graham crackers, apple slices, pretzels and/or vanilla wafers
- Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, nutmeg and vanilla extract in a large bowl until combined. Fold in chopped cherries and stir with a large spoon to combine.
- Transfer mixture to a serving plate and form into a ball. Cover evenly with pecans. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least one hour before serving.
*Cook time refers to chilling time before serving.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American
This looks amazing! Could cinnamon be used instead of nutmeg? We don’t care for it here. Keep up the great recipes! From the Blue Grass state of Kentucky! 🙂
Hi Kathy, thanks so much! I haven’t personally tried this with cinnamon, but wouldn’t hesitate to use it… let me know how it turns out if you try it! 🙂
Can you freeze this?
Amy @ The Blond Cook
Hi Jackie, I haven’t frozen this cheese ball so I can’t say with 100% certainty. Let us know how it turns out if you try it! 🙂
I think I’ll make this for the super bowl day. Looks amazing, Amy!
Amy @ The Blond Cook
Thank you, Susan… hope you enjoy it! 🙂