This recipe has all of my favorite summer vegetables over pasta: Linguine with Summer Vegetables.
Sign up for my email subscription and never miss a recipe!
THE VEGETABLES are what help to chisel off the layer of winter “fluff” I’ve accumulated from all of the winter comfort food. Let’s be real… no need to lie about it. If you don’t have that problem, then you’re truly blessed.
And I’m super jealous.
I recently saw this recipe on the cover of Real Simple Magazine while standing in line at a checkout, and just knew I had to make it (with a few changes).
This healthy, elegant dish looks hard to prepare but it’s not! CRAZY EASY. Just saute fresh corn and leeks with garlic until soft, then add the squash, zucchini and tomatoes. Simmer in a little chicken broth until the veggies are tender and serve over linguine.
You can also add cooked chicken breast or turkey sausage if you’re feeling the need for protein.
You’re so welcome!!! 🙂 What are your favorite summer veggies?Print
- 8 ounces (1/2 box) linguine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups fresh corn (from 3 ears)
- 1/2 cup sliced leeks
- 1 heaping teaspoon minced garlic
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 small zucchini, cut into ribbons with a peeler
- 1 small squash, cut into ribbons with a peeler
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add corn, minced garlic and leeks. Stir occasionally, until corn is tender (about 5 minutes).
- Add squash, zucchini, tomatoes and chicken broth. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine. Cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes (stirring occasionally), or until vegetables are tender. Serve over linguine. Sprinkle with fresh basil leaves.
Adapted from Real Simple Magazine