- 2 zucchini, washed and shredded (about 3–1/2 cups shredded)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (about 1/4 cup sliced)
- 1–1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (more or less, to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper (more or less, to taste)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Optional: Mixed greens, sour cream and extra sliced green onions, for garnish
- Using a cheese grater, shred zucchini. Place in a colander, sprinkle with salt and toss to combine salt with shredded zucchini. Allow to drain moisture for approximately 15 minutes. Using the back of a spatula, press on shredded zucchini to drain moisture, then squeeze with paper towels to remove any additional excess moisture.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg. Slowly add flour, stirring with a large spoon. Add shredded zucchini, Parmesan cheese, green onions, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over moderately high heat.
- Place mixture by heaping tablespoons full into skillet. Press with the back of a spatula to flatten. Fry for approximately 3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and thoroughly cooked. Place on a plate lined with paper towels to drain. Repeat for second batch and add more oil if necessary.
- Optional: Serve over a bed of lettuce with sour cream and additional sliced green onions.
Adapted from SimplyRecipes.com
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins