You’ll never miss the beef in this hearty and flavorful spaghetti prepared with Italian turkey sausage, artichoke hearts, spinach and mushrooms.
- 8 ounces whole grain spaghetti noodles, cooked according to package directions and drained
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound Italian style turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1 1/2 cups chopped yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 (24 ounce) jar traditional spaghetti sauce
- 1 (4.5 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms (drained weight), drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2.5 ounces fresh baby spinach leaves (about 2 1/2 cups, tightly packed)
- Grated Parmesan cheese for topping (optional)
- Begin cooking pasta according to package directions.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add turkey sausage and onions and cook, crumbling turkey sausage as it cooks, for 5 minutes (stirring constantly). Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add spaghetti sauce, mushrooms, artichoke hearts, cherry tomatoes, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add spinach and stir well to combine. Cook for an additional 2 minutes, or until spinach has just wilted.
- Serve over pasta. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: turkey sausage spaghetti