- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (10-1/2 ounce) can condensed beef broth
- 10-1/2 ounces water (use beef broth can)
- 2 (15-1/2 ounce) cans dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 6 cups coarsely chopped cabbage, about 1/2 head
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh chopped parsley and additional parsley for garnish
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a soup pot or dutch oven. Add ground turkey and onions. Cook, crumbling while cooking, for approximately 5 minutes or until turkey is browned. Drain off fat.
- Add tomato sauce, beef broth, water, kidney beans, garlic, chili powder, salt and pepper. Stir to combine and bring to a mild boil.
- Add chopped cabbage and diced tomatoes. Stir to combine. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer and cover. Simmer for 45 minutes, or until cabbage is tender.
- Add chopped parsley and simmer an additional 10 minutes. Sprinkle with additional parsley, if desired.