- 4 medium zucchini
- 20 round buttery crackers (such as Ritz), crushed
- 1 2/3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup seeded and diced Roma tomatoes
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 (12 ounce) can chunk light tuna in water, very well drained
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (more or less, to taste)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Rinse zucchini and pat dry. Halve each zucchini lengthwise and scrape out pulp using a melon baller or spoon. Coarsely chop the pulp and transfer to a medium bowl.
- Place zucchini shells on a large baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray and bake for 10 minutes.
- While the zucchini are baking, add 1 cup of the cheese and the remaining ingredients to the bowl of the chopped zucchini pulp. Stir well to combine.
- Stuff each zucchini shell evenly with the mixture. Sprinkle the tops with the remaining 2/3 cup of shredded cheese. Bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until heated thoroughly and cheese is melted.
- Category: Seafood
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: tuna and veggie stuffed zucchini boats