This easy salad with a homemade red wine vinaigrette is a flavorful and delicious side dish!
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt (more or less, to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper (more or less, to taste)
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup loosely packed julienned or chopped fresh basil (about 5 large leaves)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, honey, garlic, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl, gently toss tomatoes and onions together to combine. Drizzle with olive oil mixture and sprinkle with basil. Gently stir to combine.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: tomato basil red onion salad, tomato basil salad