Chicken salad gets a tropical fruity twist in this Summer Chicken Salad with sweet mandarin oranges, grapes, pineapple and crunchy walnuts.
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise (more for creamier salad)
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1–1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into about 1/2-inch cubes (or approximately 3-3/4 cups fully cooked shredded or cubed chicken)
- (1) 8-ounce can pineapple tidbits, well drained (or 3/4 cup chopped fresh pineapple)
- (1) 8-1/4 ounce can mandarin oranges, well drained and sliced in half
- 1/2 cup red seedless grapes, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped walnuts
- Prepare the dressing by stirring together mayonnaise, poppy seeds and sugar in a small bowl until combined. Cover and refrigerate.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Cook chicken cubes for 7-8 minutes, or until fully cooked and no longer pink (stirring frequently). Drain off juices from chicken and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, toss together cooled cooked chicken, pineapple, oranges, grapes and walnuts until combined. Add dressing and gently stir to coat as evenly as possible.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
Adapted from AllRecipes.com
Time does not include time for cooked chicken to cool.