These easy sugared cranberries are a perfect appetizer or garnish for your holiday desserts or cocktails!
- 1 (12-ounce) bag fresh cranberries, rinsed
- 2 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- Place a wire baking rack over a rimmed baking sheet. If cranberries are too small for wire rack, line baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Prepare a simple syrup by combining 1/2 cup of sugar and water in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, while stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat, add cranberries and gently stir until coated.
- Transfer cranberries to the wire rack (or parchment paper) in a single layer using a slotted spoon. Allow cranberries to dry for at least one hour.
- Pour remaining 1-1/2 cups sugar on a separate rimmed baking sheet. Add a few cranberries at a time and roll in sugar to coat evenly.
- Return to baking rack (or baking sheet lined with a new sheet of parchment paper) and allow sugar to dry on cranberries for one hour.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
- Prep Time: 2 hours 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: sugar coated cranberries, candied cranberries