- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
- 1 poblano pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons freshly minced garlic
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can chick peas, drained
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can whole kernel yellow corn, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (more or less, to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (more or less, to taste)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup loosely packed chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chopped onion, red bell pepper and poblano pepper and saute until peppers are crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Add garlic and continue to saute until garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add chick peas, black beans, corn, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Cook for an additional 3 minutes, or until heated thoroughly, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Stir in lime juice, tomatoes and cilantro until combined. Serve immediately.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: Southwestern
Keywords: southwestern succotash, succotash