- 1 (28-ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added crushed tomatoes
- 6 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 3 carrots, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 pound green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 8 ounces uncooked pasta
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- In your slow cooker, combine the diced and crushed tomatoes with their juices, broth, kidney and great northern beans, celery, carrots, onion, garlic, green beans, zucchini, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, cumin and bay leaves. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Add the pasta and cook for an additional 15-30 minutes, or until the pasta is tender.
- Remove and discard bay leaves and sprinkle with parsley just before serving.
Recipe from The Low Sodium Slow Cooker Cookbook
- Category: Slow Cooker
- Method: Slow Cook
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: vegetable minestrone, crock pot vegetable minestrone