For the Blueberry Mixture:
- 2 pints fresh blueberries (or frozen blueberries that have been thawed)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
For the Topping:
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 5 tablespoons butter, cut into small cubes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a 10 inch cast iron skillet over medium high heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Add blueberries and the remaining blueberry mixture ingredients (cinnamon, sugar, lemon juice, cornstarch and water).
- Stir gently until cornstarch dissolves. Bring to a gentle boil and simmer for 3 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and set aside.
- Prepare topping: combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- Add butter cubes to flour mixture. Using the tips of your fingers, crumble butter into the flour. Add milk and vanilla extract. Stir with a large spoon until a soft batter is formed.
- Drop spoonfuls of batter over blueberry mixture. Gently spread over blueberries.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until topping is browned and blueberry mixture is bubbling around edges of skillet.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: skillet blueberry cobbler, blueberry cobbler