Shrimp, avocado, tomatoes and red onions in a zesty homemade vinaigrette. So healthy and refreshing!
For the viniagrette:
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons honey
For the salad:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1–1/2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped into about 1/2-inch pieces (about 3 cups chopped cooked shrimp if you’re buying shrimp pre-cooked)
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 (9-ounce) package cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 3 small avocados, halved, seeded, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients and set aside.
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium high heat. Add chopped shrimp and cook, stirring frequently, for about 3 minutes or until shrimp have just turned pink. Drain off any excess juices and transfer shrimp to a plate and allow to cool.
- While shrimp are cooling, slice the vegetables. Place vegetables in a large bowl, add shrimp and stir to combine. Drizzle with vinaigrette and stir again to combine. Sprinkle with chopped fresh cilantro.
Consuming raw or undercooked meats, poultry, seafood, shellfish, eggs or unpasteurized milk may increase your risk of foodborne illness.