A simple and flavor-packed yellow squash side dish with fresh basil, garlic and shredded Parmesan cheese.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1–1/2 pounds yellow summer squash, cleaned and sliced about 1/4 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt (more or less, to taste)
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper (more or less, to taste)
- 1/4 cup julienned or chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add squash and garlic. Sprinkle salt and pepper evenly over squash and stir to combine. Sauté for approximately 6-7 minutes (stirring frequently), or until squash is crisp-tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in basil and Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.