- 2 slices bread (I used rye)
- 1 tablespoon prepared basil pesto
- 3–4 tomato slices (enough to cover bread slice)
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- Sliced mozzarella cheese (enough to cover bread slice)
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Spread pesto on 1 bread slice. Top with tomatoes and drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Season with pepper. Top with mozzarella slices and remaining slice of bread.
- Heat olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium to medium-low heat. Cook sandwich on both sides until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted, about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes on each side.
- Category: Sandwiches
- Method: Fry
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: pesto caprese grilled cheese