- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (1-ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chilies (Rotel)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 8 ounces spaghetti noodles, broken in half
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed and brought to room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend (more or less, to taste)
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1 Roma tomato, seeded and diced
- In a dutch oven or large pot, brown ground beef over medium high heat until beef is cooked and no longer pink, crumbling while cooking (about 3-5 minutes). Drain off fat in a colander and return to pot.
- Add taco seasoning, diced tomatoes and green chilies, tomato paste, beef broth, water and spaghetti noodles.
- Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to maintain a simmer. Simmer for approximately 15 minutes, or until pasta is cooked. Stir about every 5 minutes so that the noodles don’t stick together or stick to the bottom of the pot.
- Add cream cheese and sour cream and stir until smooth and combined.
- Remove from heat and top with cheese blend. Cover for 2-3 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Top with diced tomatoes and green onions.