- 1 pound medium or large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1–1/2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (24-ounce) jar pasta sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 8 ounces fettuccine pasta
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Optional: chopped fresh basil, for garnish
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper. Melt butter over medium heat in a large skillet. Add shrimp to skillet and saute for 3-4 minutes, or until shrimp have just turned pink on both sides (stirring frequently). Transfer shrimp to a plate and set aside.
- Add chicken broth, pasta sauce and Italian seasoning to skillet and stir to combine. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Add pasta and return to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for approximately 12 minutes, or until pasta is tender.
- Add heavy cream and stir well to combine. Add cooked shrimp and cook an additional 1-2 minutes, or until shrimp are heated.
- Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired and garnish with chopped fresh basil.