An easy and hearty one pot meal in just 40 minutes total!
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thawed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 6 cups water
- 3 cups wide egg noodles
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 (10.5-ounce) can cream of chicken soup with herbs
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- Place chicken in the bottom of your Instant Pot and add broth. Place the lid on and lock. Steam release knob should be set on “sealing”. Cook on manual setting (high pressure) for 10 minutes. Allow the pressure to naturally release for 5 minutes, then quick release remaining pressure.
- Once pressure has completely released, remove chicken with tongs and transfer to a cutting board, leaving the liquid in the pot.
- Turn off Instant Pot and then set to saute setting. Add 6 cups of water, stir and allow to come to a boil. Once boiling, add noodles and mixed vegetables. Cook for 7-8 minutes (or until noodles are cooked) stirring occasionally. Shred or cube cooked chicken while noodles and vegetables are cooking.
- Once noodles and vegetables are cooked, turn Instant Pot off. Remove insert (using oven mitts – insert will be hot) and carefully pour contents of pot in a colander to drain.
- Return egg noodles and vegetables back to pot and place back into Instant Pot. Set to saute setting and add milk, soup, cheese and cooked shredded or cubed chicken.
- Stir until combined and cheese is melted. Turn off Instant Pot and season with desired amounts of salt and pepper.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley, if desired.
- Cook time includes time for pot to come to pressure and for liquid to boil for noodles and vegetables.
- I used an Instant Pot LUX80 8-quart in this recipe.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Pasta, Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American