A light, moist and delicious cake with subtle hints of orange, nutmeg and rum.
For the cake:
- 1 (15.25-ounce) box butter golden cake mix (I used Duncan Heinz)
- 1 (3.4-ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup spiced rum
For the glaze:
- 1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons spiced rum
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 10-cup bundt pan generously or spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, pudding mix, nutmeg, orange zest, orange extract, eggs, water, vegetable oil and spiced rum with a mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Pour into bundt pan and bake for 50-55 minutes, or until toothpick inserted is removed clean. Place on a baking rack to cool while preparing the glaze.
- Prepare the glaze by melting butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add sugar and orange juice and stir to combine. Increase heat to medium high and boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add rum. Stir well to combine.
- While the cake is still in the pan, use a skewer or toothpick to pierce holes in the cake evenly throughout. Pour glaze over the cake (while still in the pan) and allow to absorb glaze.
- Allow cake to cool and absorb glaze for 15-20 minutes, then invert onto a serving platter.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: spiced orange rum cake, orange rum cake