- 4 ounces salt pork or bacon slices (about 4 slices)
- 1 pint clams (roughly chopped) in their juices
- 3 cups chopped yellow onion
- 6 cups potatoes, peeled and cut into approximately 1 inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- Pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Optional: fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- In a large saucepan or soup pot, fry bacon over medium to medium-high heat until browned. Add onion and butter. Cook onions until translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer. Cover and simmer for approximately 2 hours, or until clams and potatoes are tender. Top wish fresh chopped parsley, if desired.