- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/3 cups fresh corn, cut from cob (about 2 ears), or canned corn (drained)
- 1 1/2 cups herb seasoned bread crumbs (or stuffing)
- 2/3 cup sliced scallions (green onions, about 3)
- 2 teaspoons fresh or dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- (1) 8 ounce package cream cheese, cubed
- 2 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces crab meat (I used back fin crab meat)
- 8 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat olive oil in a saute pan over moderately high heat. Add corn, scallions, dill, salt & pepper. Saute until tender, about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk & garlic powder.
- In a 2 quart casserole dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray, layer the ingredients: bread crumbs, cream cheese cubes, sauteed vegetable mixture, crab meat & cheddar cheese. Pour egg mixture evenly over layered ingredients.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes (uncovered), or until a knife inserted in the center is removed clean.
Recipe adapted from Cafe Atlantic Cookbook