An easy and comforting chicken dinner in just 25 minutes!
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1–1/2 pounds), sliced in half lengthwise
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup loosely packed chopped or julienned basil
- Season sliced chicken breasts on each side with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook until golden brown, cooked through and no longer pink (about 4 minutes on each side depending upon thickness).
- Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside. In the same skillet, add garlic and cook until fragrant, stirring constantly (about 30 seconds).
- Add heavy cream and diced tomatoes with juices, Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning. Stir well to combine.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to maintain a simmer. Simmer for 4-5 minutes, or until slightly thickened (stirring frequently).
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in fresh basil. Season cream sauce with salt and pepper, if desired. Return chicken to skillet. Serve over your favorite pasta, if desired.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Sauté
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: chicken in tomato cream sauce, easy cream sauce for chicken