- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons freshly minced garlic
- 1 (10-ounce) package baby bella mushrooms, rinsed and cleaned of any debris and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 loaf French Bread (about 15-inches long)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (more or less, to taste)
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Heat olive oil and melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, stirring constantly (about 1 minute).
- Add mushrooms, thyme and Italian seasoning. Cook, stirring often, until mushrooms are browned and tender (about 5-6 minutes). Remove skillet from heat and set aside.
- Slice French bread lengthwise and place cut side up on a large rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle evenly with mozzarella cheese, then spoon mushroom mixture evenly over bread. Sprinkle Parmesan over mushrooms.
- Bake until cheese is melted and slightly browned, about 10 minutes.