NOTE: It has come to my attention that there is debate regarding if garlic is safe for dogs. I have read that in minute amounts, garlic is not toxic for dogs. I have fed my dog very small amounts of garlic without issues. However, I am NOT a veterinary professional and recommend you consult your veterinarian before feeding your dog any type of homemade treats or food.
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2/3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease baking sheet or spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, cheese, sour cream and parsley.
- Add water & olive oil and form dough.
- Roll golf ball sized balls from dough and place on greased baking sheet. Press on the tops of the dough balls with the back of a spoon to lightly flatten.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes, or until biscuits are a light golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container and refrigerate.
Adapted from Three Dog Bakery Cookbook