A sweet, savory and tart champagne sangria perfect for your new years celebration!
For the rosemary simple syrup:
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary (about 3 to 4 inches long)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Cloves for studding orange slice
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1 small apple, cored and sliced (I used granny smith)
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 (750 ml) bottle champagne
- Prepare the simple syrup by pouring water in a small saucepan over medium high heat. Add sugar and rosemary sprig. Bring to a gentle boil. Stir to combine. Remove from heat, cover and allow to steep for 15 to 20 minutes.
- While the syrup is steeping, slice the fruit and stud 1 of the orange slices with cloves.
- Place the fruit in a large pitcher. Pour in orange juice, simple syrup and champagne. Stir gently to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours before serving.
- Category: Cocktails
- Cuisine: Spanish
Keywords: champagne sangria