A simple and refreshing appetizer with just 4 simple ingredients. It’s everything you love about a caprese salad, but in an easy bite-size appetizer!
- 1 pint grape (or cherry tomatoes)
- 1 (8 ounce) package fresh mozzarella
- Fresh basil leaves (about 20 to 25 leaves)
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- Count your tomatoes (I had 23 in my pint). Slice your fresh mozzarella into the number of tomatoes you have, trying to slice them into about the size of the tomatoes.
- Using toothpicks, layer cheese slices, basil and tomatoes and place on a plate.
- Prepare the balsamic reduction by placing the balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan over medium high heat. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to maintain a simmer. Simmer for approximately 8 to 10 minutes, or until desired consistency is met and reduced by about half.
- Drizzle over caprese bites when ready to serve.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: caprese bites