- 3 large baking potatoes
- 3 cups chopped fresh broccoli florets (about 2 heads)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 2/3 cups sour cream (more or less, depending upon desired consistency)
- 1 (2.8-ounce) package bacon recipe pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives OR 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Thoroughly wash and scrub potatoes. Pierce potatoes with a fork. Wrap each potato tightly with foil.
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet and bake for 1 hour, or until tender.
- About 10 minutes before potatoes are done, fill a medium saucepan about 3/4 full of water and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Add broccoli and gently boil for 5 minutes. Drain broccoli in a colander.
- Remove potatoes from foil, place in a large bowl and coarsely chop potatoes with a knife (skin included).
- Add butter, salt and pepper. Stir with a large spoon until butter is melted.
- Add sour cream, bacon pieces, chives (or sliced green onion) and cheese. Stir to combine.
- Add cooked broccoli florets and gently stir to combine.
- Spoon into a casserole dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Cover and bake for 15 minutes, or until completely heated and cheese is melted.