An easy, colorful and delicious appetizer that can easily be made in advance.
For the Salsa:
- 2 (15.8-ounce) cans black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained well
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 cups seeded and diced Roma tomatoes
- 1/4 cup packed chopped fresh cilantro
For the Dressing/Vinaigrette:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Combine black-eyed peas, jalapeno, bell pepper, onion, tomatoes and cilantro in a large bowl by gently stirring.
- Prepare the dressing by whisking together olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper and sugar in a small bowl. Drizzle over black-eyed pea mixture and stir gently to coat. Season with additional salt and pepper, to taste (if desired).
- Store in an airtight container for up to 24 hours before serving.
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Tex-Mex
Keywords: black-eyed pea salsa