Beef Stroganoff is an easy weeknight meal prepared in just 35 minutes!
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1–1/4 pounds sirloin steak, fat trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1–1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh white button mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1–1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1–1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 8 to 12 ounces wide egg noodles, cooked according to package directions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Season steak strips on each side with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add 1/2 of the steak strips and cook approximately 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until well-browned. Transfer to a plate and cook the remaining steak strips (cook in 2 batches to prevent overcrowding). Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- In the same skillet over medium high heat, melt the butter. Add onions and cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add mushrooms and cook for an additional 4 to 5 minutes (stirring frequently), or until mushrooms and onions are tender.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, while stirring (about 30 seconds).
- Sprinkle flour over mixture and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Pour in beef broth and Worcestershire sauce and stir to combine. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 3 to 4 minutes (stirring frequently), or until slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream. Return steak strips (with any juices) to skillet and stir well to coat evenly. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Serve over cooked egg noodles and garnish with fresh parsley, if desired.
- Ribeye or tenderloin can be substituted for sirloin.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Fry
- Cuisine: Russian