By utilizing the convenience of bagged frozen mixed vegetables, this hearty and comforting soup is ready in just 30 minutes!
- 1 cup uncooked small elbow macaroni (or other small shell pasta)
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 (32 ounce) carton beef broth
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 (16 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions. While pasta is cooking, cook beef and onions in a dutch oven or large saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until beef is browned and no longer pink. Crumble beef while cooking with a wooden spoon or spatula. Drain off grease in a colander and return to dutch oven or saucepan.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir well to combine. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to maintain a gentle simmer and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Drain cooked pasta and add to soup. Stir well to combine and cook until heated through.
- Remove and discard bay leaf before serving.
This recipe yields approximately 3 quarts of soup.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: Soup
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: hamburger minestrone soup