- 1 (4 pound) Boston butt pork roast
- 24 ounces (2 cans or bottles) root beer*
- 9 ounces vinegar-based barbecue sauce (or your favorite barbecue sauce)**
- Place roast in your slow cooker insert (fat side up) and pour root beer over roast. Cover and cook on low for approximately 6 hours, or until roast shreds easily with a fork.
- Drain off liquid. Remove and discard any bones or excess fat. Pull, shred or chop pork. Return to slow cooker and toss with sauce, coating evenly.
- * Cola can be substituted for root beer.
- ** Use more or less sauce depending upon personal preference.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Category: Slow Cooker
- Method: Slow Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: 3 ingredient slow cooker pulled pork