Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Dip
This easy appetizer is everything you love about chicken enchiladas, but in a creamy and cheesy dip!
- 4 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package pepper jack cheese shredded
- 1 (10 ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- 1 to 2 green onions sliced
- tortilla chips for serving
Stir together cooked shredded chicken and softened cream cheese in the insert of a 3 quart slow cooker.
Add shredded cheese and enchilada sauce and stir to combine.
Cover and cook on low heat for 1 ½ hours, or until hot and bubbling around edges.
Stir and serve topped with sliced green onions.
- To prepare using uncooked chicken: Place 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts in the insert of your slow cooker. Pour enchilada sauce over the top of the chicken, cover and cook on low heat for 6 to 8 hours or high heat for 3 to 4 hours (or until internal temp of 165 degrees F is reached and chicken is fully cooked). Shred chicken using 2 forks (no need to remove from slow cooker). Add softened cream cheese and shredded cheese and stir to combine. Cover and cook an additional 30 minutes on low heat, or until cheese is melted.
- Delicious variations include chili powder, taco seasoning, crushed red pepper, canned diced green chiles (drained) and hot sauce.
- Nutritional info does not include tortilla chips.