Cranberry Apple Bread
A moist quick bread bursting with juicy cranberries, tart apples and crunchy pecans.
Servings 8 slices
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon apple pie spice or ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter melted
- ½ cup applesauce
- ½ cup cored, peeled and chopped granny smith apple
- 1 ½ cups cranberries fresh or frozen
- ½ cup chopped pecans
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 5 loaf pan with cooking spray or grease pan.
Whisk together flour, sugar, apple pie spice, salt and baking soda in a large bowl.
Add egg, vanilla extract, melted butter and applesauce to dry mixture and stir just until combined (do not over-mix).
Fold in chopped apple, cranberries and pecans.
Transfer batter to prepared loaf pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center is removed clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Store in a well-sealed resealable plastic bag in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- To freeze, allow the bread to cool completely before tightly wrapping in plastic wrap, aluminum foil or a well-sealed resealable plastic bag. Freeze for up to 3 months.
- To thaw, allow to come to room temperature, then wrap in aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees F for approximately 15 minutes, or until warmed through.