Microwave Lemon Curd
This deliciously sweet and tart lemon curd is so easy to prepare by using the convenience of your microwave!
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons finely grated lemon zest from approximately 3 medium lemons
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice from approximately 4 medium lemons
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted 1 stick
In a large microwave safe bowl, whisk sugar and eggs well. Add lemon zest, lemon juice and melted butter. Whisk until well combined.
Cook in your microwave (high power) in 1 minute intervals, carefully stirring after each minute. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, or until thickened enough to coat the back of a metal spoon (time will depend upon the power of your microwave).
Strain through a fine mesh strainer to remove any lumps (this is optional).
Allow to cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate.
- Zest lemons before juicing!
- Yields approximately 2 cups.
- Lemon curd will not be as thick as finished recipe while hot. Cooling and refrigerating will thicken curd.