Southern Deviled Eggs
These delicious deviled eggs are a perfect appetizer or side dish for picnics, cookouts and holiday feasts!
- 6 large hard boiled eggs peeled and sliced in half lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- ⅛ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt more or less, to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper more or less, to taste
- ¼ teaspoon paprika more or less, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley optional garnish
Remove yolks from eggs and place in a medium bowl. Mash yolks with a fork until crumbly.
Add mayonnaise, relish, mustard, onion powder, salt and pepper. Stir well to combine.
Spoon mixture into egg whites, or place mixture into a piping bag (or Ziploc bag with the corner tip cut off) and squeeze into egg whites.
Sprinkle with paprika and parsley.
- Serve immediately, or store covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- Miracle Whip salad dressing can be substituted for mayonnaise.
- Dill pickle relish can be substituted for sweet relish.