Banana Nut Bread
This easy Banana Nut Bread is rich, moist and flavorful. It's a delicious way to use up overripe bananas and no mixer is required!
Servings 12 servings
- 1 ¼ cups mashed overripe bananas 2 to 3 bananas - will depend upon their size
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x5 loaf pan with cooking spray or grease pan.
Mash bananas in a large mixing bowl. Add melted butter and stir well to combine.
Add baking soda, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, sugar, egg and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
Gradually add flour while continuing to stir until flour is incorporated into mixture (do not over-mix).
Add walnuts and stir again just until combined.
Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center is removed clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- To store, wrap securely in plastic wrap or aluminum foil or place in an airtight container. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- To freeze, wrap securely in aluminum foil and place in a resealable freezer storage bag. Freeze for up to 3 months.
- Adapted from Simply Recipes