Mexican Corn Salad
This delicious side dish is everything you love about Mexican street corn, but in a flavorful, easy and convenient salad!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups frozen corn kernels
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 1 large jalapeno seeded and diced (about 3 tablespoons diced)
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¾ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add frozen corn and cook until corn is lightly charred (about 10 to 11 minutes), stirring occasionally.
Transfer corn to a large bowl and allow to cool to room temperature.
Add remaining ingredients and stir gently to combine. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- This recipe yields approximately 4 cups.
- Fresh or canned corn (drained) can be used (the cook time will be less).
- Wear gloves when working with jalapenos.
- Increase the amount of mayonnaise for a creamier consistency, if desired. Yogurt or sour cream can also be added, but don't skip the mayo!
- Adjust the amount of seasonings to your personal taste.
- This is best served within 24 hours, but is good for up to 3 days (when properly stored in an airtight container in the fridge).