Zucchini Tomato Bake
An easy and delicious way to use summer produce!
- 4 to 5 small zucchini (about 2 pounds) sliced ¼ inch thick
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon salt more or less, to taste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper more or less, to taste
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¾ cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese (2.25 ounces) divided - reserve ¼ cup for topping
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 2 quart baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
Reserve ¼ cup of the Parmesan cheese for topping. Place all ingredients in a large bowl (EXCEPT ¼ cup of the Parmesan cheese) and gently stir to combine.
Transfer to prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with reserved ¼ cup Parmesan cheese. Bake (uncovered) for 30 to 35 minutes or until desired tenderness of zucchini is met.
- Chopped tomatoes can be substituted for cherry/grape tomatoes.
- Note that chopped onions are not completely soft when this dish is removed from the oven, they're crisp-tender. Feel free to omit onions, if desired.
- Shredded mozzarella or Italian blend shredded cheese can be substituted for Parmesan (or use a combination!).
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder can be used in place of minced fresh garlic.
- Dried basil, oregano, thyme and/or rosemary can be substituted for Italian seasoning.