- 2 pounds fresh wahoo fillets
- 1–1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper, divided
- 1–1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup dill salad cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 3/4 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray or grease well. In a small bowl, combine butter garlic powder and 1/2 teaspoon of the pepper. Place wahoo fillets on baking sheet and brush with butter mixture to coat well.
- Bake for 15-25 minutes, or until the meat closest to the center flakes easily with a fork (baking time will depend upon thickness of fillets so check regularly). Allow to cool and break fish into large flakes.
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise onion, celery, salad cubes, dill weed, Old Bay Seasoning, salt and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
- Add flaked fish to mayonnaise mixture and toss gently to combine. Serve with crackers, on toasted bread or on a bed of lettuce.