- 2 (15-ounce) cans garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup jarred sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained (reserve 2 tablespoons of oil)
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup tahini (ground sesame seeds)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- Sea Salt, to taste
- Approximately 2/3 cup water (more or less, depending upon desired consistency)
- Place all ingredients except oil and water in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Add water slowly while pulsing until desired consistency is reached.
- Transfer hummus mixture to a medium bowl and add reserved oil from sun-dried tomatoes. Stir to combine.