Swiss cheesy and creamy Pumpkin Scalloped Potatoes seasoned with chipotle pepper and thyme ~ a perfect autumn side dish!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1–1/2 cups Silk Vanilla Almondmilk
- 1/2 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chile pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt (more or less, to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (more or less, to taste)
- 1–1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese, divided (1 cup for cheese sauce, 1/2 cup for topping)
- 5 cups peeled and thinly sliced yellow potatoes (about 1/8″ thick)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 1 quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Gradually add in flour, whisking until smooth. Slowly add almondmilk, continuing to whisk until smooth.
- Add pumpkin puree, thyme, chipotle, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine well. Continue to cook, whisking constantly, until smooth and boiling.
- Remove from heat and add 1 cup of the shredded cheese to saucepan. Whisk until smooth.
- Layer 1/2 of the sliced potatoes in the bottom of casserole dish. Pour 1/2 of the pumpkin-cheese sauce over potatoes.
- Repeat with the remaining potatoes and pumpkin-cheese sauce.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of shredded cheese on top.
- Bake (uncovered) for 1 hour, or until potatoes are tender. Top with additional dried thyme, if desired.